Thursday 7 July 2011

THE FIRST STEP IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST

Tuesday the 5th of july 2011 was a day I would rather forget. Im not sure how I kept my cool yet somehow against the trials that presented themselves during the day I managed to pull through albiet with a somewhat forced smile, I think perhaps it was due somewhat the delightful company in which I was lucky to be kept.
Anyway, this is a story about buying a car, this car to be exact ....Chrysler VC Valiant 1966

The day started much like any other waking early, except instead of having to slave for the man getting covered in aviation kerosene and aeroshell grease 22, I was getting up early to pick up a tandem axle car trailer and getting away on what  later prove to define the oft used term 'epic road trip'.

For the uninitiated this is what $8k of cold hard cash looks like.


The car was loaded onto the trailer, parts were loaded into the car, money and papers were exhanged .... although some people would know it was never that simple.

At around 10:00pm, dazed and drowsy I lazily rolled the begged and borrowed commodore (cheers Marcus, your a life saver) back into the parents driveway with my bounty. the car was unloaded, and the trailer parked up, at 11pm we had dinner, a shower, then bed. FML.

Although I had promised myself I wouldnt even look at the car the next day, I somehow couldnt resist the urge to get stuck in, the assorted parts scattered throughout the car was unloaded, interior given a once over and a shopping list made for what was unservicable or lost in action. A quick wash to get the road work dust off and heres how she sat.



On inspection, the car has proved to be an 'honest' example, although it is far from the standard I want to be rolling around the coromandel this summer in, she has a tidy body and what isnt there or cant (read: SHOULDNT) be reused is easy enough to source.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet ride bro can't wait to see it all finished and take it for a spin at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete