Saturday 9 July 2011

AND IF WE HAVE TO, OVERNIGHT PARTS FROM JAPAN

... Well maybe not, Summit Racing more like it.

further onto fridays issues, is sundays solution.

this oil filter as it sits will be replaced with this

attaching via -10 AN fittings and some of this

which will plug into one of these



which will be mounted on one of the front wheel tubs, where there is actually plenty of room.
Although tempted to use cheaper cast components from budget manufacturers, or even a whole kit which would have cost the same as the moroso adaptor block itself, I restrained myself and remained mindful that this is a big ticket item, I need the oil system to work, and to work well if I want this engine to last. Its one thing popping the diff doing driveway burnouts, its another thing blowing an oil line, dumping all the oil, running a big end and wrecking a crank in the middle of nowhere halfway from somewhere that I need to be and all over saving a hundred dollars or so. As it stands I may well have to sleeve the braided line in fireproof sleeve to help protect it from header heat as everything down the sides of the block will be tight. It almosts makes me wonder how chrysler managed to produce a V8 option on this model, I havent seen one up close, but I expect it to be messy, I believe my install will be much cleaner and perform.

This maybe the last update for a while whilst I save some dollars, send some emails, and do some research into getting this rack back on track.




No comments:

Post a Comment